Ugly Sweaters are all the rage when it comes to December. My daughter and I usually host a friend Ugly Sweater Party.
However, ugly sweaters are SO expensive. Going to the Good Will you can find some “Ugly Christmas Sweaters” for $15-$20. Nooo thank you. I would rather make my own. Our sweaters were inspired by the Grinch’s sweater! Because the Grinch is my favorite Christmas character!
Green fabric for the tree
Hot glue gun
To complete our “Ugly” sweaters we both wore leggings
- Take green fabric and cut out a tree shape
- Sew/fabric glue the tree onto your sweater in the desired spot
- Cut out “I” and “XMAS” in yellow felt
- Cut out “I” a heart shape, and “XMAS” in red felt
- Glue onto sweater
- Cut out “ho” from red felt and glue on the bottom of the tree
- Sew jingle bells onto the tree
- Glue tinsel on sleeves
- I also cut the top of the sweater to make a more flattering neckline
Very easy and cute! We get compliments everywhere we go when we wear them.